Thanks to community support, Kennedy Elementary, the City of Janesville's first elementary school in over 30 years, opened its doors August of 1999.
The 72,631 square foot, state-of-the-art instructional facility provides optimal learning opportunities for students through a unique design and technological advancements.
Kennedy's Facility Provides . . .
- Special "neighborhoods" design to promote a community feeling and special learning opportunities.
- Full-size gym to accommodate two classes and double as a community room.
- The latest technology throughout including a teacher-student workstation and voice-mail phone in each classroom; two computer labs with 28 computers.
- A "galleria" designed to boost creativity - - featuring a curved hallway and artistic tile designs to complement the performing arts areas.
- A family resource center to foster home-school partnerships through information and family activities.
- Specialized rooms for instrumental and vocal music classes, music therapy, and contemporary art classes.
- Occupational and physical therapy rooms designed for special education needs.
- Air-conditioned facility with special "looping" design for each grade level and multi-categorical instruction.